A premier small-town escape where ‘getaway’ feels more like coming home. For 28 years, The Katy House Bed & Breakfast has been serving guests from around the world. Nestled in downtown Smithville, Texas, the award-winning Katy House has been called the ‘perfect real-life Hallmark bed and breakfast’. The small-town charm of Smithville first became known as backdrop and hometown of Sandra Bullock & Harry Connick Jr in the film, “Hope Floats.” Conveniently located 30 minutes to Round Top (Antiques), 40 minutes to Austin, and 1 hour to San Antonio.
Things We Love
Walking distance to Smithville's best restaurants and shopping
Experience a hot, southern breakfast served family-style at 9am daily
The cozy, thoughtfully designed rooms... a home away from home
At A Glance
- Complimentary WiFi
- Smoke-Free Property
- Free On-site Parking
- Adult Only
- Fireplace or Firepit Onsite
- Jetted Tubs - Some Rooms
- Full House Rental Available
- Weddings & Events Available
- History & Heritage
- Outdoor Activities
Sip & Savor
Try the Front Room Wine Bar for an extensive list of varietals with tapas-style cuisine
Carne Lenta for Mexican style slow roast in large smoker pits and homemade ingredients made from scratch
Smithville Brewery is a neighborhood and destination brewpub bringing friends, family, and community together through craft beer & other drinks
In The Know
Here are a few things you can't miss when you visit...
- Grab a cup of coffee (Mexican Mocha is our favorite) at the Smithville General Store and take Stu's Stroll (walking map on Katy House website) through the Historic District of Smithville.
- Take a walking tour of area outside painted murals and one-of-a-kind mosaics by area artists.
- Experience fine Wines & live music schedule of Jazz/Blues at Fat Cat Lounge
- Lunch at Old World Bakery alongside locals for their daily, made from scratch specials (chicken salad sandwich on jalapeno bread with a sweet tea)
- There's a slower pace in Smithville. Often compared to a Norman Rockwell painting or a hallmark movie, the beauty of experiencing this sweet town is best experienced by slowing down, spending time on the front porch with a glass of wine or sweet tea, or chatting with the locals as you stroll down the streets.
Most people are surprised to learn The Katy House Bed & Breakfast has been a traditional Bed & Breakfast serving the Smithville community for 27 years. The property’s spacious layout includes a total of six guest rooms, all with private baths, including a few cottages just steps away from the back porch. All guest rooms are nestled around our serene outdoor space where relaxing with the perfect cup of hot coffee or a chilled glass of wine feel like perfection. Private balcony, kitchen, inside the historic main house or cozy private cottage, ground floor or second story, king or queen bed, clawfoot tub or step-in shower are all options guests can consider when selecting the perfect room for their stay at The Katy House. Daily we serve a hot, home-cooked breakfast by individually delivering our best comfort foods to each guest room or outside in the courtyard.
Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Concierge Services,
Food & Wine
Meals Offered: Breakfast
Restaurant on Premises: No
Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Breakfast Service: Full
Breakfast Seating: Communal, Set Times, Flexible Times
Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Dining Amenities: Complimentary Beverages , Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee Tea
Rooms & Suites
# of Rooms: 6
Beds: Queen, King
Room Entertainment: Smart TV's
Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishing, Bathrobes, Hair Dryer, Refrigerator, USB Charging Stations
Internet Service: Wireless, Complimentary
Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Concierge Services
Innkeeper's Pets: No Pets
Smoking Policy: Smoke Free
Family Friendly: Over 12
Weddings & Events
Wedding/Events Capacity: 20-49