Is it time for another family vacation? With a little planning ahead of time, your family vacation will be enjoyable for everyone! One way to simplify family travel is to choose a kid-friendly hotel in a destination with lots of activities your kids will love.
Here are four of the best kid-friendly hotels and family vacation ideas in the country.
1. Spend the Day Splashing Around in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
Photo by Washingtonian
Did You Know Rehoboth Beach Is the Nation’s Summer Capital? It’s Also One of the Most Kid-friendly Destinations on the East Coast!
Play in the sand, splash in the water, or stroll along the award-winning Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk! Also, on the boardwalk is Funland, a great place full of amusement rides and games the whole family will enjoy.
Where to Stay: the Bellmoor Inn and Spa in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Just two blocks from Rehoboth’s Boardwalk and sandy beaches is the Bellmoor Inn and Spa! If you don’t want to walk, this kid-friendly hotel offers a shuttle service from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend. After a day of building sandcastles and splashing in the waves on Rehoboth Beach, return to the Bellmoor Inn and enjoy a snack before dinner. The inn provides complimentary afternoon refreshments every day! If you’d like to spend the day at the Bellmoor Inn, here’s a few kid-friendly activities your kids will love.
- Swim All Day In The Large Family Pool. This is the perfect option if your kids just want to splash around. There’s also an adult plunge pool and a hot tub for you to enjoy if your kids are old enough to play by themselves!
- Mommy And Me Day At The Spa. If your child likes to be pampered, spend the morning enjoying a mommy and me spa date!
- Lounge In The Library. If bad weather comes, the inn’s library is well stocked with classic books, puzzles, and games!
Related: How To Travel With Kids… or Without!
2. Marvel Together at the Dinosaurs and Sea Animals in Chicago
Photo by Chicago Genie
If You Want to Teach Your Kids Something, Explore Some of Chicago’s Most Exciting Museums.
- For the dinosaur obsessed, visit the incredible Field Museum. With a collection of 30 million geological and biological specimens and cultural objects, this is one of the largest museums in the world!
- For those with a passion for animals, spend a day at the Shedd Aquarium! This is the largest, indoor aquarium in the world, with 8,000+ sea animals.
- For the little engineers and wiggly worms, head to the Chicago Children’s Museumat the Navy Pier. Your kids can construct skyscrapers, fish in a river, and climb on a schooner!
- For the hands-on history lovers, go to the interactive Children’s Museum at the Swedish American Museum! Opened in 2001, this is the nation’s first children’s museum of its kind.
- Once your family has gotten its fill of knowledge, end the day on a sweeter note at George’s Ice Cream, one of the best ice cream parlors in Chicago!
Related: 10 Ways Travel Benefits Kids
Where to Stay: the Guesthouse Hotel in Chicago, Illinois
Just a short walk from George’s Ice Cream Parlor is the elegant Guesthouse Hotel. Located in Andersonville, this is the perfect place to show your family true Chicago! Born and raised in the city, travel blogger Francesca from the Working Mom’s travels always recommends staying in Chicago’s neighborhoods.
It’s no surprise she highly recommends this award-winning and uber chic boutique hotel for families staying in Chicago! One of her favorite things is the hotel’s kid menu.
Can’t bring the crib? Need a high chair? The Guesthouse Hotel’s extensive kid menu has everything you need free of charge! Just make sure to tell the hotel know ahead of time. If your kids are older, there’s a kid’s corner in the hotel’s library filled with board games, books, DVDs, and a treasure chest of toys. This is a great option for rainy days or quiet afternoons in between sightseeing!
3. Get Wet at Seneca Lake, in New York.
Photo by FL Times
Let Your Kids Experience the First Sprayground of Its Kind at the Seneca Lake State Park.
With over 100 water jets spontaneously spraying water, your kids will have a blast jumping and splashing around! Overlooking the beautiful waters of Seneca Lake, this state park is also a great spot to swim or enjoy a picnic with the family.
Where to Stay: Geneva on the Lake in Geneva, New York
Under 10 minutes from the Seneca Lake State Park is the grand Geneva On The Lake! This elegant resort is best suited for older kids, anywhere from 5 and up. Here, your family can truly experience the lake!
Each afternoon, you’re welcome to enjoy a complimentary pontoon boat ride. Or make an appointment to use the paddleboat! There’s also a canoe and several kayaks for guests. If you’d like to play a game of Marco Polo, head to the resort’s 70-foot long pool.
When your family has had its fill of the water, enjoy some of the dry fun at Geneva On The Lake! Grab the complimentary bikes and explore the area or start a game of badminton, volleyball, horseshoes, bocci, or basketball.
If you’d like, the resort staff can also have local ice cream waiting for your family when you arrive. Just let the staff know when you book your stay!
4. Become Explorers for Life in Delaware.
There’s Truly Something for Every Explorer in Wilmington, Delaware!
- For the Disney obsessed, spend the day at the Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library! Explore its 60-acre garden with an enchanted woods full of fairy-tale like bridges, giant bird nests, and a Tulip Tree House.
- For the dinosaur dreamers, head to the Delaware Museum of Natural History. Here, you’ll find the state’s only permanent dinosaur collection!
- For the fearless little scientists, spend a day at the Delaware Children’s Museum! Parents and children can walk, climb, and crawl through a 30-foot high spherical maze.
Where to Stay: Inn at Montchanin Village and Spa in Wilmington, Delaware
Centrally located to all Delaware museums is the Inn at Montchanin Village and Spa! With 28 elegant guest rooms and suites, this kid-friendly hotel is the perfect place to land after a busy day exploring.
Many of the rooms have private courtyards, which is perfect if you’d like to spend an evening sitting outside while the kids play. There is also a garden and a lawn at the inn where the kids can explore and play hide and go seek!
Another perk for families is that all of the hotel’s rooms have a refrigerator stocked with complimentary sodas and water. If the kids don’t finish a meal, this is a great place to store leftovers for later!
Need more space? Book one of the inn’s cottages with a living room and a kitchenette.
Which of these vacation ideas sound like fun for your family? Do you have any places you’d like to add to our list of best kid-friendly hotels?