The Nordic Pineapple Bed and Breakfast is in the heart of Michigan in the charming small town of St Johns. The inn boasts seven amazing guest suites, large ensuite bathrooms, comfortable beds, and the opportunity to slow down from life’s hectic pace. Each morning we will serve you an amazing hot plated breakfast and help you plan your day. Spend a little time with us, and let us help you enjoy a little time away.
We are consistently rated as one of the top Bed and Breakfast in Michigan. Come see why guests rave about our small town, our breakfasts and the relaxed pace of life they find when staying with us. We are proud to be a member of Select Registry, a collection of the finest hotels, inns and bed and breakfasts throughout North America.
Things We Love
Our homemade breakfast features locally sourced ingredients and farm fresh eggs
Relaxing by our fireplace or firepits offer a nice opportunity to meet other guests or cozy up by the fire
The History! The B&B has a rich and interesting history. Ask the innkeepers about the four Nordic Pineapples
At A Glance
- Complimentary WiFi
- Smoke-Free Property
- Free On-site Parking
- Concierge Services
- Family Friendly
- Green/Environmentally Friendly
- Fireplace or Firepit Onsite
- Jetted Tubs - Some Rooms
- Full House Rental Available
- History & Heritage
- Romantic Retreat/Honeymoon Destination
- Wedding/Special Occasion/Celebration
In The Know
Here are a few things you can't miss when you visit...
- St. Johns is the home of Uncle John's Cider Mill but right across the street is Phillips and you should stop, compare and decide for yourself which Mill makes the best cider.
- Willy Wonka lives right here in St Johns, well not him but a very close relative. Visit Oh MI Organics and try their flavor changing chocolate. It really is a must experience stop.
- Perfectly situated to visit great Michigan destinations like Frankenmuth, the home of the world's largest Christmas store; or make a quick trip to Grand Rapids, aka, Beer City or even hit the beach in Holland or Grand Haven
- Grab a bag chair and head just down the street for Concerts in the Park, every Wednesday all summer long or stroll downtown for live music and great food on Thursday's, Friday's and Saturday's.
- Michigan State University, home of the Spartans is only 25 minutes south in Lansing. Be sure to catch a game, hit the theater, tour the botanical gardens or just stroll the stunning campus.
The home that is now The Nordic Pineapple dates to 1861, when it was built by a Civil War general for the daughter of the city's founder. Located blocks from the quaint downtown shopping district where you can find little shops filled with special treasures, coffee, and the area’s premier organic chocolate store. When you arrive, you are encouraged to leave your shoes at the door and find a quiet spot to cozy up with a good book, watch a great movie or just take a cat nap. When you walk through the door you become one of the family. The Nordic Pineapple is a perfect spot for a weekend getaway, family gathering, girls’ weekend, anniversary or just to decompress and reconnect. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast, relax by the fire pit in the evening or watch the world go by on the expansive front porch; you won’t be disappointed.
Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Concierge Services,
Food & Wine
Meals Offered: Breakfast
Restaurant on Premises: No
Special Diets Accommodated: Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, Yes
Breakfast Service: Full
Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Dining Amenities: Complimentary Beverages , Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee Tea
Rooms & Suites
# of Rooms: 7
Beds: Twin, Queen, King
Room Entertainment: Smart TV's
Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Alarm Clocks, Hair Dryer, Ironing Boards, USB Charging Stations
Internet Service: Wireless, Complimentary
Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Concierge Services
Location Type: Small Town/Village
Smoking Policy: Smoke Free
Family Friendly: Yes