The Verandas Bed and Breakfast Inn is an 8,500-square-foot, four-story mansion located in the heart of the historic district of Wilmington. Two blocks from the Cape Fear River, this restored and award-winning historic home has been a successful bed and breakfast inn for more than two decades with over 3,000 guests.
Things We Love
Our beautiful guestrooms are graced with opulent chandeliers, collectibles, museum-quality art, and designer fabrics
We have four verandas for guests to enjoy relax and enjoy the views
Our property has an award-winning garden for guests to meander through
At A Glance
- Complimentary WiFi
- Free On-site Parking
- Concierge Services
- Pub, Tavern or Bar Onsite
- Business Travel
- Gardens & Natural Wonders
- Outdoor Activities
In The Know
Here are a few things you can't miss when you visit...
- In Kure Beach, tour the Fort Fisher State Historic Site including exhibits, cannons, artifacts and the remains of the South’s largest earthen fort
- The North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher, has been named a top 20 aquarium in the U.S.
- Visit Live Oak Bank Pavilion at Riverfront Park to enjoy live music from national-touring acts managed by Live Nation
- At the New Hanover County Arboretum, visitors can explore seven acres of scenic gardens with unique features including a Japanese garden with an authentic tea house and Japanese maples
- Explore the city's National Register Historic District, which spans 230-plus blocks of churches, classic architecture, moss-draped live oaks, brick-lined streets and historic homes
See & Do
Experience the Carolina Beach Boardwalk, a nationally recognized seaside boardwalk
At the New Hanover County Arboretum, visitors can explore seven acres of scenic gardens with unique features including a Japanese garden with an authentic tea house and Japanese maples
Stroll along the pedestrian-friendly Riverwalk lined with shops and cafes and the Port City Marina
Towering above a quiet tree-lined street in the historic district stands this grand antebellum mansion. Built in 1854, the award-winning North Carolinian inn is a blend of history, luxury, charm, and hospitality. Guest space abounds with wonderful colors, original art, French and English antiques. Our Wilmington, North Carolina bed and breakfast features four verandas, garden terrace, and cupola offer hideaways. Professionally decorated guest rooms have sitting areas, telephone, cable TV, PC jacks. Hand-ironed linens dress comfortable beds. Baths have soaking tubs, showers, marble floors, luxury amenities and robes. French pressed coffee with a gourmet breakfast and evening social wine hour. 'An Inn Second to Nun.'
Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, LGBT Friendly, Wine/Spirits Available, National Historic Registry,
Food & Wine
Gather for breakfast in our large dining room for a delicious gourmet breakfast.
Rooms & Suites
The Verandas offers eight large guestrooms. All our guestrooms are corner rooms. Five have king sized beds and three have queen sized beds. Four rooms are on the second floor and four rooms are on the third floor.
Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
# of Rooms: 8
Handicap Accessible: Limited
Internet Service: Wireless, Complimentary
Front Desk/Security: OnSite, 24 Hours
Corporate Rates: Yes
Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, LGBT Friendly, Wine/Spirits Available, National Historic Registry
Minimum Stay Required: Weekends
Smoking Policy: Outside Only
Family Friendly: Over 12